Monday, February 7, 2011

Creeds of Faith & Inspiration...collection of scripture and poems

Have you ever had a great book that you read, put it aside and forgot about it? That is what happened with the book titled above. I don't know how long I have had this book, but it has been a number of years. It is a collection of poems and scripture that has been Edited by Robin Andrews.

Recently, while I was packing up to move to our new home, I "found" the book again and put it in the box to move to our new home. I picked the book up last night and was very happy to read it again. It was so inspiring to be reminded about God's love for us and how much we have to be thankful for.

I have been wanting to update my blog daily, but there are days that my life just isn't that interesting and I don't have much newsworthy information. As I was reading this collection last night, I thought it would be great to share these inspiring scriptures and poems with my blogging friends. I hope that you will enjoy them as much as I have.

I will start with a short prayer/poem (although very famous), since I have taken so long to explain about the book!

The Serenity Prayer

God grand me the serentity to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Take Care and God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment